Steps to Enrollment at PVCS
Step 1: Get to Know Us
We recommend you begin with the option below that best meets your family’s needs, or take advantage of all of these initial steps in our admissions process to experience all PVCS has to offer. While we believe the activities below are great first steps, you are welcome to begin the online application at any time before, during or after spending time with us.
Step 2: Submit an Application
When you have determined that PVCS could be a good fit for your family, you are ready to apply. The application expresses your interest for your child to become enrolled at PVCS. There is a one-time non-refundable $50 application fee which includes the testing fee. If your child is admitted to PVCS, we will apply the application fee towards the $200 registration fee.
Step 3: Submit required documentation
The following items must be submitted before or brought at the time of testing:
- a copy of the student’s most recent report card
- a copy of the student’s most recent test scores
- a copy of the student’s transcripts (10th-12th grade)
- submission of recommendations from:
- Grades 1-4: Most recent classroom teacher and Principal or Guidance Counselor (please provide email addresses)
- Grades 5-12: English Teacher, Math Teacher, and Principal or Guidance Counselor (please provide email addresses)
Upon acceptance to PVCS, the following items must be submitted prior to a student beginning class:
- Official transcripts from previous school
- Tennessee immunization certificate with all required immunizations
- Signed parent agreement form
- Copy of State-Issued Birth Certificate (mother’s copy NOT acceptable)
- Permission for Medical Attention
- Emergency Contact Forms
Step 4: Admission Testing
All students entering Pleasant View Christian School will be tested for academic achievement and placement before admittance into the school. After you have submitted your application, you will be contacted about a testing appointment. When coming for the testing appointment, we ask that students wear modest and appropriate attire.
Note: In some cases, new students in grades 5-12 may be placed on academic probation in order to determine permanent eligibility in the School.
Step 5: Schedule an Interview
All students and parents grades 5-12 must meet with the Administrator or the Secondary Principal before final acceptance is granted. Interviews with the Elementary Supervisor for students K-4 are not required but are strongly encouraged.
At Pleasant View Christian School, our dedicated admissions team looks forward to partnering with you as you consider PVCS for your family. If you have any questions, we can be reached at email@example.com or 615-746-8555. We look forward to talking with you.